Sunday, May 18, 2014

LEAVING TOMORROW!

I have been excited to go on this trip since I first heard about it my junior year of college, on a Junior visit day. Four years later I am about to be the person in those photos and having those experiences. Now that it is so close, I am scared! I haven't been out of the country since I returned from Prague. It was extremely difficult to return that time, that I can not imagine how challenging it will be this time. However, I am so excited to immerse myself in another culture. You can learn so much about a nation in a classroom, but your eyes are truly opened up to the people and their way of life when you live with them. It is an experience that you are unable to capture without traveling. I go for adventure and I go to make human connections across the globe. It is one of my favorite things to do. This time for me the best way to do that is through speaking Spanish. I am incredibly nervous about having to speak spanish since when I go to speak in a foreign language they all get muddled into a sentence that only few would understand. Good thing we have that whole plane ride to practice! I know this trip will be a time of growth for all of us and I can not wait to see how it both transforms me, but also transforms our entire group. We are going with a great group of diverse personalities that can do such great work and I can't wait to see both the impact we can make, but feel the imprint that will forever be in our hearts for those we serve, and for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment